HP Introduces Faster PageWide XL Printers for Enhanced Technical Production
Demonstrates continued innovation for technical production printing in a market-leading portfolio
15 NOVEMBER 2017, AMSTELVEEN
SamenvattingHP Inc. today announced a new HP PageWide XL printer series with sharp, up to 50 percent faster1 output, enabling technical production providers to grow AEC volume and expand business in color applications with the market-leading HP PageWide XL printer portfolio.
HP Inc. today announced a new HP PageWide XL printer series with sharp, up to 50 percent faster1 output, enabling technical production providers to grow AEC volume and expand business in color applications with the market-leading HP PageWide XL printer portfolio.
The new HP PageWide XL 5100 printers and multifunction printers join the fastest printer portfolio in the market2 to equip enterprise print rooms, central reprographic departments and reprographic houses for enhanced mid-volume production in both color and monochrome.
At speeds up to 20 D/A1-size prints per minute, the series delivers technical documents with quick turnaround and low operating costs3 for architects and engineers, in addition to geographic information system (GIS) maps and point-of-sale (POS) poster applications.
“The debut of new HP PageWide XL printers is another giant leap on the HP journey to offer continued innovation in large format printing for the designers of the future,” said Guayente Sanmartín, General Manager and Global Head, HP Large Format Design Printing. “The breakthrough PageWide XL platform with even faster printing speeds will also help our customers move the needle for business with immediate monochrome and color prints delivered from one unique printer.”
Reinventing technical production printing with the Power of One
With more than 5,000 units shipped and 3 billion ft² (300 million m2) printed since the HP PageWide XL printer launch in 2015, more customers are discovering the value the market -leading4 HP PageWide XL printers bring to businesses across the globe. HP PageWide XL printers do the job of two printers in a single device, providing both monochrome and color prints at breakthrough speeds: the Power of One.
The HP PageWide XL 5100 prints at speeds up to 20 D/A1 pages per minute with quick 28-second first page out, . The printers produce outstanding print quality, and are also available in multifunction configuration with copying and scanning for collaboration. Additional benefits include:
- Set a new technical document standard with crisp lines, 2-point text, smooth grayscales, and vibrant color.
- Print/scan/copy in monochrome and color with one single device in 50% of the time with a consolidated workflow5.
- New advanced functionality for the integrated scanners such as smart background removal.
- ISO 11798 certified HP PageWide XL pigment inks provide long-term storage, light/water resistance.6
- Help keep data safe—self-encrypting HDD with AES-256, Secure Disk Erase, and IPSec.
New added-value capabilities
HP is also now offering increased productivity for the HP PageWide XL portfolio with new software solutions. HP SmartStream offers two new modules. Document Organizer, enables the user to automatically rename large volumes of files using innovative OCR technology, for significant time savings in job management. Pixel Analysis, provides accurate quotes before printing using the job pixel coverage. HP SmartTracker software is a tool to help users control printing costs and enable reimbursement.
HP is also introducing new features for HP HD & SD Pro Scanners to improve operator productivity, image quality and background cleaning capabilities. A new output tray streamlines both the scan and copy workflows.
Additional printers in the HP PageWide XL portfolio include:
- The HP PageWide XL 8000 Printer offering high-end production printing at revolutionary speeds up to 30 D/A1-size prints per minute as well as two 775 milliliter ink cartridges per color with automatic switching and up to six rolls – more than 3,900 feet (1,200 meters) – of media for sustained productivity.
- The HP PageWide XL 4500 Printer and MFP enabling cost- and security-conscious technical work teams, including architects and engineers, to securely print up to 12 D/A1-size prints per minute in in-house print corners.
- The HP PageWide XL 4000 Printer and MFP allowing technical work teams and copy shops to produce 8 D/A1-size prints per minute, helping teams increase on-the-job productivity.
The HP PageWide XL 5100 Printer series will begin shpping in EMEA in early 2018. Specific country releases will follow.
- The new HP the HP PageWide XL 5100 Printer series prints 20 A1/D size pages per minute compared with the previous HP PageWide XL 5000 Printer delivering 14 A1/D size pages per minute.
- Fastest based on internal HP testing and methodology compared to alternatives for large-format printing of technical documents, GIS maps, and point-of-sale (POS) posters under $200,000 USD as of April, 2017. Production costs savings based on comparison to a setup consisting of one monochrome LED printer and one color production printer, both under $150,000 USD, as of April, 2017. Production costs consist of supplies and service costs, printer energy costs, and operator costs. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
- Production costs savings based on an HP PageWide XL 5100 Printer compared with a combination of a mid-volume monochrome LED printer and a mid-volume color production printer (both under $40,000 USD) as of April, 2017. Production costs consist of supplies and service costs, printer energy costs, and operator costs. For testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
- HP PageWide XL printers portfolio are market leaders in the high-volume and mid-volume both in the USA and in Canada representing 50% of the share according to IDC as of March, 2017.
- Based on internal HP testing on the HP PageWide XL 5000 Printer compared to preparing and printing the job on two different printers (one comparable monochrome mid-volume LED printer for the monochrome pages and one color printer for the color pages. FOr testing criteria, see hp.com/go/pagewidexlclaims.
- HP PageWide XL pigment inks are certified per the ISO 11798 Permanence and Durability standard, proving that prints made with HP PageWide XL printers using Original HP PageWide XL pigment inks withstand harsh exposure to light, water, abrasion, and handling, and long-term storage and heat, and remain legible in the future. For more information, see hp.com/go/printpermanence.
Download PDFDownload PDF
Over HP Nederland
HP Inc. creëert technologie die het leven voor iedereen beter maakt. Altijd en overal. Met ons portfolio van printers, pc's, mobiele apparaten, oplossingen en diensten, creëren wij belevingen die indruk maken. Meer informatie over HP (NYSE: HPQ) is beschikbaar op www.hp.nl.